The Vision and Mission of St. Dominic Parish
~ United in God’s love, the faith community of St. Dominic Parish celebrating the presence of Christ in the spirit of faith and fellowship by full participation in the life of our parish community.
Mission~ We, the faith community of Dominic Parish commits ourselves to: - share our beliefs with all people through Eucharist, prayer, education and service. - Encourage and assist in the faith development of others especially our young people through the Sacraments, Liturgy of the Word, and compassionate concern for all.
News & Information
JUNE 12 & 13, 2021
TODAY IS THE ELEVENTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
THE THEME FOR TODAY’S MASS IS:
ENTER SHARING LIFE WITH CHRIST
Our announcements are:
- We would like to welcome Fr. Dave Baker as our priest today to celebrate Mass with us. Thank you, Fr. Dave, for helping us out.
- There will be a collection today for the Catholic Communications Campaign. Please be generous.
- The officers of Knights of Columbus will hold their next meeting on Monday, June 14th at 7:00 p.m. in Westfield.
- It is enrollment time for the Altar & Rosary Society. This society is made up of the women of our parish and we would love some new members! There will be more information on this next week in the bulletin. Dues are $5/yr., and you can drop it in the collection basket with your name or mail into the Rectory.
At today’s Mass, we especially pray for:
4:00 p.m. [B] The Zylka Family
5:30 p.m. [W] Ernest Reynolds
8:30 a.m. [B] All the Members of Our Parish
10:30 a.m. [W] In Thanksgiving
DISPENSATION FROM MASS IS OVER
as of the weekend of June 5 and 6, 2021.
Bishop Michael Fisher has officially ended the dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass as of the weekend of June 5 and 6, 2021. We request that at all Masses and parish events, masks should continue to be worn upon entry and exit, and at any time when there is movement or a closeness to others, for instance, when the Communion procession forms. We will continue to observe social distancing guidelines during the celebration of Mass and other liturgies. If you have any questions, please call the office. Unfortunately there still should be no full choirs or hymnal. Congregational singing should still be discouraged, but those who do should wear their mask.
NOTE: All Weekday Masses scheduled for this week (Mon., May 31st Throught Fri., June 4th) will be Communion Services.
" Please see St. Dominic's Mass Schedule. "
- “ Please see St. Dominic Weekly Bulletin. ”
- “ St. Dominic RCC Online Giving Program Announcement! ”
Please donate to St. Dominic Church.
Rev. Romeo Obenita Hontiveros
- In the hope and promise of the Easter Season, the Diocese of Buffalo and St. Dominic Parish, Brocton/ Westfield announce the death of Rev. Romeo Obenita Hontiveros, a priest of the Diocese of Pagadian, Philippines, who had been serving in the Diocese of Buffalo since 2016. Fr. Hontiveros died on April 30, 2021.
- Born in Kapatagan, Lanao del Norte to Jose and Regina Hontiveros on Jan. 17, 1953, he was one of seven children. After attending Ateneo de Davao University and St. Francis Xavier Seminary, he was ordained a priest on March 25, 1980, for the Diocese of Pagadian. During his 41 years of priestly ministry, he served as an assistant pastor and pastor in several parishes in his home diocese, often being involved as a school director or chaplain.
- He came to the United States in 2005 and served as Parochial Vicar at Our Lady of Victory Parish in the Archdiocese of New York before being named Administrator of St. Dominic Parish in Brocton and Westfield in the Diocese of Buffalo.
- Fr. Hontiveros became a naturalized citizen in May 2015 and held Master's degrees in Theology and Educational Management, as well as a Doctoral degree in Management.
- Fr. Hontiveros will lie in repose for visitation by family and friends at St. Dominic Parish, St. Patrick Worship Site, 12 Central Avenue, Brocton, NY 14716 on Wednesday, May 5, 2021, from 4-7 p.m.
- Family, parishioners, and friends, along with priests and deacons, are invited to a parish Mass celebrated on Wednesday at 7 p.m., also at the St. Patrick Worship Site.
- Bishop Michael W. Fisher, Bishop of Buffalo, will celebrate a Mass of Christian Burial on Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 11 a.m., at St. Dominic Parish at the St. James Major Worship Site, 15 Union St., Westfield, NY 14787.
- Fr. Hontiveros will be interred in his home diocese in the Philippines.
- Covid-19 spacing capacity restrictions will be followed and all attending are required to wear face masks.
- Arrangements have been entrusted to the Mason Funeral, 37 Clinton St, Westfield, NY Share condolence at www.masonfuneral.com
Road to Renewal
ROAD TO RENEWAL RESOURCES
Friday, September 18, 2020
Dear All -
I want to refer you to our specially-created webpage on the diocesan website where you may access all of our communications and other resources related to the "Road to Renewal" initiative. There is also a video message of Bishop Scharfenberger that we ask you to view and share this link:
Thank you -
Interim Communications Director
Diocese of Buffalo
St. James Cemetery
Fr. Romy's First Mass
Posted on 2016-08-25