The Vision and Mission of St. Dominic Parish
~ United in God’s love, the faith community of St. Dominic Parish celebrating the presence of Christ in the spirit of faith and fellowship by full participation in the life of our parish community.
Mission~ We, the faith community of Dominic Parish commits ourselves to: - share our beliefs with all people through Eucharist, prayer, education and service. - Encourage and assist in the faith development of others especially our young people through the Sacraments, Liturgy of the Word, and compassionate concern for all.
News & Information
MAY 18 & 19, 2019
TODAY IS THE TODAY IS THE FIFTH SUNDAY OF EASTER
THE THEME FOR TODAY’S MASS IS: CHRISTIAN JOY TEMPERED BY TRIALS
Our announcements are:
- The Holy Name Society will hold their meeting Sunday/today after the 8:30 a.m. Mass in Brocton. New members are most welcome.
- There will be coffee and donuts after the 10:30 a.m. Mass in Westfield, Sunday/today. Please stop in and join us.
- There are some baby bottles left to fill for the St. Gianna’s Center. Please if you haven’t please take one to help.
- On Wednesday, May 22nd, the Altar & Rosary Society will be holding their annual Salad Luncheon. This will be at the Westfield site and starts at 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The cost is $6.00. Please plan to come and enjoy a wonderful lunch!
- The Legion of Mary will meet on Wednesday the 22nd after the Communion Service.
- There are rosaries donated by the Knights of Columbus at both sites for you to take. Also, there are many books at both locations for you to take.
- Mass in Ripley scheduled for Sunday, May 26th, has been cancelled due to the holiday weekend.
- The Knights of Columbus will have their officer’s meeting on May 27th at 7:00 p.m. After the meeting, depending on the weather, all members are asked to meet at the Curly Fry Trailer at 7:30 p.m.
- There will be a Healing Mass at Holy Trinity in Dunkirk on Wednesday, May 29th at 7:00 p.m.
- There are sign-up sheets at both locations for you to sign-up if you are attending Justin Steeg’s luncheon and if you would like to bring a dish to pass. Please, let’s show him how proud we are of him becoming a Priest, plus to make sure we have enough meat, drink, etc., we need to see how many are coming!
- CEMETERY NEWS --- The Cemetery Committee is looking for a parishioner to volunteer to do some typing. They need a new edition of the “Cemetery Handbook” typed. The final revisions will be completed by July 31st and the handbook must be completed by September 1st. If you can help, please contact the parish office for details. Thank you!
“ Please Click for COLUMBARIUM NEWS ! ”
“ Please Click for FAITH MOMENT REFLECTION ! ”
At today’s Mass, we especially pray for:
Saturday 4:00 p.m. [B] Joe Ciminello
5:30 p.m. [W] All the Members of Our Parish
Sunday 8:30 a.m. [B] James & Mary Elizabeth Graham
10:30 a.m. [W] All Souls
St. James Cemetery
Posted on 2016-08-25