The Vision and Mission of St. Dominic Parish
~ United in God’s love, the faith community of St. Dominic Parish celebrating the presence of Christ in the spirit of faith and fellowship by full participation in the life of our parish community.
Mission~ We, the faith community of Dominic Parish commits ourselves to: - share our beliefs with all people through Eucharist, prayer, education and service. - Encourage and assist in the faith development of others especially our young people through the Sacraments, Liturgy of the Word, and compassionate concern for all.
News & Information
MAY 8 & 9, 2021
TODAY IS THE SIXTH SUNDAY OF EASTER
THE THEME FOR TODAY’S MASS IS:
GOD IS LOVE
Our announcements are:
- HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO OUR MOTHERS!
- May is the month of the Blessed Virgin Mary. We will be saying the rosary before each Mass in both locations. Please if you come in during the rosary, we ask that you remain quiet. Thank you.
- There will be a funeral mass for Lois Karrow on Tuesday, May 11th at 11:00 a.m. in Westfield
- The Knights of Columbus will hold their next meeting on Monday, May 10th at 7:00 p.m. in Westfield.
At today’s Mass, we especially pray for:
4:00 p.m. [B] Carolyn Kowalewski
5:30 p.m. [W] All the Members of Our Parish
8:30 a.m. [B]
10:30 a.m. [W] Dolores Kaufman
Rev. Romeo Obenita Hontiveros
- In the hope and promise of the Easter Season, the Diocese of Buffalo and St. Dominic Parish, Brocton/ Westfield announce the death of Rev. Romeo Obenita Hontiveros, a priest of the Diocese of Pagadian, Philippines, who had been serving in the Diocese of Buffalo since 2016. Fr. Hontiveros died on April 30, 2021.
- Born in Kapatagan, Lanao del Norte to Jose and Regina Hontiveros on Jan. 17, 1953, he was one of seven children. After attending Ateneo de Davao University and St. Francis Xavier Seminary, he was ordained a priest on March 25, 1980, for the Diocese of Pagadian. During his 41 years of priestly ministry, he served as an assistant pastor and pastor in several parishes in his home diocese, often being involved as a school director or chaplain.
- He came to the United States in 2005 and served as Parochial Vicar at Our Lady of Victory Parish in the Archdiocese of New York before being named Administrator of St. Dominic Parish in Brocton and Westfield in the Diocese of Buffalo.
- Fr. Hontiveros became a naturalized citizen in May 2015 and held Master's degrees in Theology and Educational Management, as well as a Doctoral degree in Management.
- Fr. Hontiveros will lie in repose for visitation by family and friends at St. Dominic Parish, St. Patrick Worship Site, 12 Central Avenue, Brocton, NY 14716 on Wednesday, May 5, 2021, from 4-7 p.m.
- Family, parishioners, and friends, along with priests and deacons, are invited to a parish Mass celebrated on Wednesday at 7 p.m., also at the St. Patrick Worship Site.
- Bishop Michael W. Fisher, Bishop of Buffalo, will celebrate a Mass of Christian Burial on Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 11 a.m., at St. Dominic Parish at the St. James Major Worship Site, 15 Union St., Westfield, NY 14787.
- Fr. Hontiveros will be interred in his home diocese in the Philippines.
- Covid-19 spacing capacity restrictions will be followed and all attending are required to wear face masks.
- Arrangements have been entrusted to the Mason Funeral, 37 Clinton St, Westfield, NY Share condolence at www.masonfuneral.com
GUIDELINES FOR ATTENDING MASS
- “ Please see St. Dominic's Mass Schedule. ”
If you are unable to attend Mass in Person.
“ PLEASE SEE MASS ON SOCIAL MEDIA. ”
- “ Today's Mass Readings with Reflections ”
- “ Please see St. Dominic Weekly Bulletin. ”
- “ St. Dominic RCC Online Giving Program Announcement! ”
Please donate to St. Dominic Church.
Road to Renewal
ROAD TO RENEWAL RESOURCES
Friday, September 18, 2020
Dear All -
I want to refer you to our specially-created webpage on the diocesan website where you may access all of our communications and other resources related to the "Road to Renewal" initiative. There is also a video message of Bishop Scharfenberger that we ask you to view and share this link:
Thank you -
Interim Communications Director
Diocese of Buffalo
St. James Cemetery
Posted on 2016-08-25