The Vision and Mission of St. Dominic Parish
~ United in God’s love, the faith community of St. Dominic Parish celebrating the presence of Christ in the spirit of faith and fellowship by full participation in the life of our parish community.
Mission~ We, the faith community of Dominic Parish commits ourselves to: - share our beliefs with all people through Eucharist, prayer, education and service. - Encourage and assist in the faith development of others especially our young people through the Sacraments, Liturgy of the Word, and compassionate concern for all.
News & InformationRoad to Renewal
ROAD TO RENEWAL RESOURCES
Friday, September 18, 2020
Dear All -
I want to refer you to our specially-created webpage on the diocesan website where you may access all of our communications and other resources related to the "Road to Renewal" initiative. There is also a video message of Bishop Scharfenberger that we ask you to view and share this link:
Thank you -
Interim Communications Director
Diocese of Buffalo
SEPTEMBER 19 & 20, 2020
TODAY IS THE TWENTY-FIFTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
THE THEME FOR TODAY’S MASS IS:
Our announcements are:
- Debby would like to apologize for the error in last week’s bulletin stating that the regular collection was $30,000.50. This would have been wonderful however the collection was only $3,000.50. Which by the way, was still awesome!
- To date we have collected approximately $12,503.00 for our Parish Appeal! This is wonderful and thank you! The appeal was to help pay the insurance bill for our parish, so it will be paid this week. Thank you all for helping raise enough money to pay this bill! Hopefully now we can raise enough to fix the roof in Brocton.
- Please, if you have not registered your children for Faith Formation classes do this soon! Please contact Barb Weingart or call the office. Thank you!
- Next month, on October 11th, the Rosary Coast to Coast will be held at Lake Erie State Park at 4:00 p.m. at the pavilion next to the bath house. Same place as last year. Please plan on joining us in praying for our country!
- You will see a “Christ the King Seminary” envelop in your box. Your donation for this envelop will be put toward “Seminarian & Diaconate Formation” instead. This collection will be the weekend of September 27th.
- Normally in March we collect for the special collection “Holy Land”. This was postponed until now. For those of you who did not contribute to this special collection and would like to, please do so now. Thank you.
At today’s Mass, we especially pray for:
4:00 p.m. [B] Joan Ciminello
5:30 p.m. [W] Connie Cash
8:30 a.m. [B] All the Members of Our Parish
10:30 a.m. [W] Clelia Billerio
GUIDELINES FOR ATTENDING MASS
Per The Diocese of Buffalo June 6, 2020 Announcement: Regularly scheduled Masses have begun with only 25% of capacity in attendance. Please come with your mask on. Use the hand sanitizer provided at the door upon entering and leaving. There will be no sing-ing. Please remember to use the 6 feet spacing when en-tering, leaving and when going up to receive communion. Please, if you are sick or feel under the weather, stay home. It is still permissible to watch Mass on TV or online, etc. It will be wonderful to see everyone again!
Please donate to St. Dominic Church.
St. James Cemetery
Posted on 2016-08-25