The Vision and Mission of St. Dominic Parish
~ United in God’s love, the faith community of St. Dominic Parish celebrating the presence of Christ in the spirit of faith and fellowship by full participation in the life of our parish community.
Mission~ We, the faith community of Dominic Parish commits ourselves to: - share our beliefs with all people through Eucharist, prayer, education and service. - Encourage and assist in the faith development of others especially our young people through the Sacraments, Liturgy of the Word, and compassionate concern for all.
News & InformationLent Information
FEBRUARY 18, 2018
TODAY IS THE FIRST SUNDAY OF LENT B
- There will be coffee and donuts after the 8:30 a.m. Mass on Sunday in Breakfast. Please come join us.
- Fr. Romy will be celebrating another Mass in Ripley this Sunday, February 18 in Meeder’s Restaurant at 4:00 p.m. There will be a light meal of soups, sandwiches, pie and beverage/Dutch Treat. Please come and support our Ripley parishioners.
- The office will be closed on Monday, February 19 due to President’s Day. Counters please plan on reporting to the office on Tuesday. Thank you.
- The Altar & Rosary Society will hold their first meeting of the new year on March 1stat 10:00 a.m. in Westfield.
- On Monday, Feb. 19ththe Parish Pastoral Council will meet at 7:00 p.m. in Brocton.
- The Church Crew will hold their next session on Sunday, Feb. 25th at 4:00 p.m. in Brocton. Please plan on attending and enjoy some fun and socialization with your parish family.
- Please mark your calendars for St. Patrick’s Day, March 17th. There will be a celebration in the Hall in Brocton after the 4:00 p.m. Mass. On March 18ththere will be a St. Joseph’s Dinner at the Westfield site after the 10:30 am. Mass. A Fun week-end please plan on coming!
- The Thrift Sale is off to a good start! Please remember you can bring your items to the Westfield Site on Wednesdays. You always wanted to declutter…….so now is the time!
- We will be celebrating the Stations of the Cross at both Sites on Fridays at 7:00 p.m. during Lent. Please come and go through the journey that our Lord Jesus Christ did for us.
- If anyone knows of someone that would like a ride to Church or Parish event, please let the office know. We are working on having a committee for Brocton and Westfield to enable these people to attend. Please let us know so we can contact them.
- We would like to extend a heartwarming “Thank You” to the Knights of Columbus Council 3100 for their generous donation to the Parish of $100.
- This announcement is for our Ushers…….New Procedure……….There will be a log sheet in the Sacristy that you need to sign and then after putting the envelopes and money in the bag attach the bag tear-off strip to that log. You no longer sign the bag just the log sheet. Thank you!
At today’s Mass, we especially pray for:
Saturday 4:00 p.m. [B] All the Members of Our Parish
5:30 p.m. [W] Connie Cash
Sunday 8:30 a.m. [B] Father’s Day Intentions
10:30 a.m. [W] Mother’s Day IntentionsPosted on 2018-02-16
Posted on 2016-08-25