The Vision and Mission of St. Dominic Parish
~ United in God’s love, the faith community of St. Dominic Parish celebrating the presence of Christ in the spirit of faith and fellowship by full participation in the life of our parish community.
Mission~ We, the faith community of Dominic Parish commits ourselves to: - share our beliefs with all people through Eucharist, prayer, education and service. - Encourage and assist in the faith development of others especially our young people through the Sacraments, Liturgy of the Word, and compassionate concern for all.
News & Information
JANUARY 18 & 19, 2020
TODAY IS THE SECOND SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
THE THEME FOR TODAY’S MASS IS:
DO WE KNOW JESUS CHRIST?
FOCAL POINT: You have heard of him your whole life. You believe that he is alive, that he knows you, that he invites you to a person to person encounter and relationship. Yet, you know Jesus only superficially. John the Baptist said: “I did not know him”. But the One (God) who sent him to baptize gave John insight, so that he could state: “Now I have seen for myself”.
Our announcements are:
- There will be coffee and donuts down in the Hall Sunday/today, after the 8:30 a.m. Mass in Brocton. Please come down and join us!
- The office will be closed Monday due to Martin Luther King Day.
- The Legion of Mary will meet after the 7:00 p.m. Mass in Westfield on Wednesday.
- There will be soup and coffee down in the Hall on Saturday the 25th after the 5:30 p.m. Mass in Westfield. Please come down and join us! We will be doing the soup and coffee on Saturdays instead of coffee and donuts during the winter months.
- There will be Mass in Ripley on Sunday the 26th at 4:00 p.m. in Meeder’s Restaurant. Please think about joining us.
- Next weekend there is a collection for Catholic Relief Services. Please mark your envelop with your name and put Catholic Relief Srvs. on it also please. Thank you!
- Well everyone, it is now tax time. If you would like your information for taxes, please contact the office.
- It is also flu season. If you choose not to shake hands or hold hands, we understand. Also, if you choose not to take the precious blood, that’s ok.
- The meetings for the Brocton and Westfield Communities were last week. Committees have been formed. Please, if someone asks you to help them, we pray you won’t say no. Everyone needs to help in order for us to succeed. Thank you.
- One more thing, a little secret, Father’s birthday was Friday 😊
At today’s Mass, we especially pray for:
Saturday 4:00 p.m. [B] Special Intentions of Joe & Dianna
5:30 p.m. [W] Frank Colbert & Pat Smith
Sunday 8:30 a.m. [B] All Souls
10:30 a.m. [W] All the Members of Our Parish
Posted on 2019-07-13
St. James Cemetery
Posted on 2016-08-25