The Vision and Mission of St. Dominic Parish
~ United in God’s love, the faith community of St. Dominic Parish celebrating the presence of Christ in the spirit of faith and fellowship by full participation in the life of our parish community.
Mission~ We, the faith community of Dominic Parish commits ourselves to: - share our beliefs with all people through Eucharist, prayer, education and service. - Encourage and assist in the faith development of others especially our young people through the Sacraments, Liturgy of the Word, and compassionate concern for all.
News & Information
JULY 13 & 14, 2019
TODAY IS THE FIFTEENTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
THE THEME FOR TODAY’S MASS IS: CHRISTIAN LOVE GUIDED BY FAITH
Our announcements are:
- On Monday, July 15th at 7:00 p.m. the Parish Pastoral Council will meet in Brocton.
- On Wednesday, July 17th the Legion of Mary will meet after the 7:00 p.m. Mass in Westfield.
- The “Block Party” which will be held in Westfield at Welch Field on Union St. is this Friday, July 19th starting at 5:00 p.m. This is a free event, and everyone is invited, and please bring your friends! There will be much to do and at dusk there will be a movie “Run the Race”. Please read more in the bulletin. “ BLOCK PARTY IN WESTFIELD FOR EVERYONE! ” Also, there will be a dunking tank in which all the pastors will take turns sitting inside the tank. Fr. Romy will be in the tank from 6:30 to 7:00 p.m. so now is your chance to dunk him!!
- Next Sunday, the 21st, there will be coffee and donuts served after the 8:30 a.m. Mass in Brocton. Everyone is invited to come down to the Hall and enjoy some refreshments and social time with your parish family.
- On Thursday, July 25th there will be a Celebration of Life at St. Mary’s RC Cemetery in Dunkirk at 7:00 p.m. at the Shrine to the Unborn. There will be more on this next week, but please mark your calendars for this. You will notice the small crosses around which is to remind us of the unborn innocents.
- If you will be or did celebrate your 50th, 60th or 70th wedding anniversary this year, please contact the office. The Diocese of Buffalo will be renewing marriage vows in September. Even if you can’t make the trip to Buffalo, please let us know anyway!
- Please remember our Parish Drive. If you haven’t received your letter yet, please stop after Mass and get your copy. To-date, we have received $3,800 towards our $10,000 parish insurance bill. God Bless all of you!
At today’s Mass, we especially pray for:
Saturday 4:00 p.m. [B] George Riforgiat
5:30 p.m. [W] All the Members of Our Parish
Sunday 8:30 a.m. [B] Father Romy
10:30 a.m. [W] Sam Madonia
Posted on 2019-07-13
St. James Cemetery
Posted on 2016-08-25